Sunday, April 19, 2009

Jesus Lives in ME!

Tonight as I was laying in bed with Clayton to put him "night night" we sang a song. "God's not dead. NO! He is alive! He's living inside of me." Clayton loves this song, and we've been singing it a lot lately.

After we finished singing, he said, "He lives in me." I said, "Yes, baby. When you invite Jesus into your heart, when you ask him to come in, he comes in your heart and lives there forever." Within seconds, Clayton said, "Jesus come in." Those words were so precious. My heart melted inside of me.

Shortly after, his little mind had wondered on to another one of his favorite bedtime stories...the three little pigs and the big bad wolf. He said, "the wolf's not gonna get me, Momma." I spoke the words, "No, honey. The wolf is not gonna get you", and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Those words had so much more meaning tonight. I thought to myself, "The Big Bad Wolf is not going to get you, honey," and tears streamed down my cheeks. The words scrolled through my mind dozens of times.

I know that Clayton is little and many will probably question whether this simple, sweet prayer of his will "count", but you know what...I believe that it does...and it always will. God is big enough!

I'm sure that Clayton will someday say a modified version of this simple prayer again...in 2, 3, 5, 10 years...and that is fine. But I will always treasure those simple sweet words that he spoke tonight, and I am just positive that Jesus treasures them, too. I'm sure that the God of the Universe believes that it "counts". After all, did he not say that the kingdom belongs to the little children such as these.

I can't help but believe that God's desire is for us all to accept Him when we are so young so that His Spirit has all the more time to live in us and mold us.

Shame on us for making it so much more complicated. And praise God that he understands even the heart of my 2 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment