Friday, April 3, 2009

Gone Fishing w/ Daddy

Tonight I took Clayton for his first fishing trip…. Tenille had her Mothers of Preschoolers meeting, and before she left she asked Clayton what he and daddy were going to do… Clayton looked up at me and said I’m gonna go with daddy and catch a really big fishy. So I had to at least take him out and see how he would do. When we left it was 56 degrees at about 6:00pm so the sun was setting. He patiently set with daddy at the fishing hole for over an hour. The whole time there was another dad and his sons catching little bluegill nearly every cast. Poor Clayton’s dad was not prepared though. He only brought the jigs that he normally will at least catch at least one fish.

So while I sat there and felt bad that Clayton’s first fishing trip was gonna be a bust, I overheard the dad on a cell phone call next to us… Turns out they were originally from Indiana so I got to talking to them about that and just before I was to through in the towel the dad offered us an earth worm… By this time his boys had given up on the fishing, I guess catching at least 20 in the hour we sat there was to much work… So I cast out in the same spot where the other boys were catching the fish, and nothing… Three more casts and still nothing, all the while Clayton was getting tired of being there to and just running on the hill behind me. So Clayton comes down and say’s daddy lets go… at that point I cast out one more time and tell him to reel it in… which when he reels it’s like reel in 6 inches then he gets confused and starts trying to reel in reverse…. Well turns out that’s what they wanted and Clayton reeled the fish in the photo all but the last 10 feet because I had to get it over some logs.

Needless to say I’m a proud papa tonight and also a little jealous that he was able to catch one while I was unable to make anything happen… Oh well I love the little squirt.

www.fotki.com/jesseandtenille

No comments:

Post a Comment